Celebration Champagne Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup champagne
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix.
4. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
5. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup champagne and 1/2 cup sour cream (mixture will fizz and bubble a little).
6. Add flour and champagne mixture alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Batter will be thick.
7. Fill cupcake papers with 1/4 cup level measures of batter. Bake for 17-22 minutes. Set aside.
Champagne Whipped White Chocolate Ganache
- 8oz white chocolate
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/8 cup champagne
1. Melt chocolate in a double-boiler over hot water.
2. In a saucepan, bring to boil the heavy cream to boiling; remove from heat when it froths and add champagne.
3. Whisk 1/3 of cream into chocolate until smooth. Slowly whisk in remaining cream. Refrigerate overnight or freeze for a few hours.
4. Whip until stiff.
Champagne Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine granulated sugar
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons champagne
- Pinch of salt
Instructions:1. Wipe the bowl of an electric mixer with vinegar on paper towel, to remove any trace of grease. Add egg whites and sugar, and simmer over a pot of water (not boiling), whisking constantly, until temperature reaches 140 degrees F, or if you don't have a candy thermometer, until the sugar has completely dissolved and the egg whites are hot.
2. With whisk attachment of mixer, begin to whip until the mixture is thick, glossy, and cool.
3. Switch over to paddle attachment and, while mixing on medium speed continuously, add softened butter in chunks until incorporated, and mix until it has reached a silky smooth texture (if curdles, keep mixing and it will come back to smooth).
4. Add vanilla, champagne, and salt, mix well.