понедельник, 11 июня 2012 г.

Green Tea White Chocolate Brownies

So it is already getting up in the 90's here in Texas. It's going to be insanely hot before we know it and it’s getting me in the mood for summertime. Swimming and BBQ’s and getting into the car that feels like you are going to internally combust, and forget it if you have leather seats, it’s like sitting on molten lava. Oh boy! It sucks for everyday life, but it’s great for going to the beach or floating the river with an adult beverage, which I need to make an effort to do more of.  There's just something about summertime though that even though it's super hot and you have to watch out for that back sweat stain on your favorite t-shirt, it's still great.

I may be kind of weird. I get excited about going to the grocery store. It's so easy to look at it as a chore, just something to add to your list of things to do that day and fight the crowd, but I just love to explore the aisles. I was doing just that at one of our local specialty grocery stores when I ran across this sweet matcha by rishi. Its matcha powder mixed with cane sugar. You can make green tea lattes with it, or cocktails, and of course you can bake with it. So I couldn’t resist picking up a bag. Look at that lovely green color it imparted into the brownies. You may notice there is no sugar in the recipe and that is because my matcha powder is sweetened. If you are using unsweetened matcha I would start by adding 1/4 cup sugar and maybe a 1/2 cup if you like your brownies really sweet. The white chocolate naturally adds sweetness. Feel free to play with the recipe.

Green Tea White Chocolate Brownies 
Ingredients: 
1 cup flour 
6 tbsp butter 
2 eggs 
1/2 tsp vanilla 
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted 
1/2 cup white chocolate chips 
Directions 
1. Preheat oven at 350. Grease and flour an 8x8 baking pan. (I used Pam for baking and dusted with a little extra flour) 
2. In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the butter and white chocolate and heat at thirty second intervals until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool. (about 10 minutes) 
3. Stir in eggs and matcha powder until combined, then add flour, vanilla, and almond extract just until incorporated. Lastly stir in almonds and white chocolate chips. 
4. Pour into prepared pan and spread into even layer. Bake about 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly browned. 
5. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut and enjoy.

1 комментарий:

  1. Hey I would like to try your recipes because I'm so in love in Matcha in the last couple years. What do you mean with 1/4 matcha? Is ot 1/4 cup ? Or can you tell how many gram is it. I live in germany and unfortunately i can't find your rishi sweet matcha here. So I just buy a normal green tea powder I found in my asia market and I wanna try it for ur recipe with a sugar. But i would like to know the comparison of how many fluor and the matcha powder?!

    ОтветитьУдалить