- 2 sticks room temperature butter
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Cream the butter until it is really light and fluffy. At least 3 minutes.
- Gradually add the sugar. I add about 1/2 cup at a time. If you add too much you will be wearing it. So will your counters. And your ceiling.
- It will be pretty thick.
- Add the vanilla or whatever flavoring you are using.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of cream and beat the frosting for a few minutes. If the frosting it too thick, add a little more cream until you get the consistency that you like.